Smooth asparagus cheddar soup would be the ideal very snappy plate for anybody not so much warm Spring days. Asparagus, onion, profound cream, stock, cheddar, and offer or get a couple of seasonings all assemble to get the least difficult soup. You’ll be addressing yourself, “Broccoli cheddar soup, who?” Cook asparagus cheddar soup today.
Serves 4 | 28 -35 min
- 750 g fresh asparagus
- 2 onions,
- thinly sliced
- 1 litre stock
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 125 g cream cheese
- Place the oil and onion in a microwaveable dish.
- Cook uncovered for 3-4 minutes at 750 W.
- Cut off the asparagus tips and set aside.
- Cut the asparagus spears into 5 cm slices, making sure you discard the woody end, and combine with the onion.
- Cook uncovered for 5 minutes at 750 W.
- Add the stock, cover, and cook for a further 15-20 minutes at 500 W, stirring from time to time.
- Stir in the cream cheese and blend until you are left with a smooth creamy mixture.
- Add the asparagus tips. Heat at 750 W for 5-6 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
An extra special touch:
If you like the flavour, when you add the asparagus tips you may also sprinkle in two tablespoons of dill.